The XXXI edition of the Olympic Games is happening now in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. This year’s “Rio” Olympics will feature over 11,000 athletes from 206 participating countries. This fact makes Brazil the second Latin-American country selected to host this event (the first being Mexico in 1968).
Rio is one of Brazil’s main economic cities, with the largest natural, cultural and financial resources. It is also a world-recognized city for it’s iconic sugar bread, the “Cristo Redentor” statue (one of the seven wonders of the world), beautiful beaches and unique natural parks.
What else has this country offered the world besides exotic tourism? When it comes to fashion, how about beautiful top models that have walked the must exclusive runways in the world. Here is Stylepolitan’s Top 10 Brazilian Models to celebrate this Olympic Summer:
- – CAMILA ALVES: Camila hails from Belo Horizonte, Brazil. She migrated to the United States at the age of 15 and by 19 she was living in New York for the purpose of becoming a professional model. Step by step she conquered the fashion world and has walked runways for Dior, Levi’s and Mango. In 2012 she married actor Matthew McConaughey and she currently designs leather purses for “Muxo”, her own line.
- – JULIANA MARTINS: she has been called “The Brazilian Cindy Crawford”. She began modeling at the young age of 13 and she has walked for Ralph Lauren, Armani, Bluemarine and Emmanuel Ungaro. She also appeared in the cover of Sports Illustrated in 2013.
- – CINTIA DICKER: from Campo Bom, Rio Grande, Brazil; she has participated in covers for Elle, Marie Claire, Madame Figaro, Vogue Teen; plus she’s walked the runways for Bebe, Gucci, Yves Saint Lauren and Dolce & Gabbana. She was on the cover of Sports Illustrated more than 4 times and is actively involved with children’s organizations and charity events. You will never see her getting into a plane with the left foot, always the right foot first!
- – DANIELA FREITAS: this 29 years old model, born in Sao Paulo, Brazil, has appeared in magazines like Elle, Glamor Italia, Chrome Hearts campaign, Custo Barcelona campaign and Report Footwear.
- – JEISA CHIMINAZZO: she began modeling when she was 13 years old. Now in her 30’s she continues to grace Vogue, Elle, Marie Claire, among others. She’s also participated in campaigns for La Perla, Calvin Klein, Hermes, and Karl Lagerfeld. She is currently married to Oliver Ripley.
- – RAQUEL ZIMMERMANN: she was discovered when she was 14 years old and since she has been booked worldwide including Japan and Paris. Appearing in covers like Vogue Italia, V Magazine, Harper’s Bazaar and Vogue USA. Her unique appearance comes from her German and Portuguese family. She was also featured in Lady Gaga’s Music Video “Born This Way”.
- – IZABEL GOULART: Born in Sao Paulo. With an astounding height of 5 ft. 10’ (1.79m), she is an astonishing model. In 2005, and at a young age of 22, she became a Victoria’s Secret angel. In 2009 she started her involvement with the Diabetes Research Institute and she’s an official ambassador for the organization now. She has appeared in several magazine covers including Vogue Brazil, Marie Claire, Elle, Rolling Stones, GQ Mexico, GQ UK, GQ Spain, and Harper’s Bazaar, among others.
- – ADRIANA LIMA: both man and woman will agree that she is the most beautiful woman in the world, she is now 35 years of age, she has been modeling since she was 15 and she became an angel for Victoria’s Secret in 2000. She dated celebrities as big as Lenny Kravitz and she used to be married with the basketball player Marko Jaric but they split in 2014, they have 2 beautiful daughters together.
- – ALESSANDRA AMBROSIO: from Erechim, Brazil, Alessandra has been a model since she was 12 years old. Now in her 30’s, she is part of Victoria Secret’s Angel Army and was picked to be the official face of the PINK campaign. One of the most transcendent moments in her career was when she participated in the famous Pirelli calendar and participated with Ashton Kutcher in a campaign for the Brazilian brand Colcci. She is currently the owner of a clothing line called Alé by Alessandra.
- – GISELE BUNDCHEN: We saved the best for last. Our top position is reserved for Queen Gisele. No one can deny she is a powerful and successful player in the fashion industry. Her fairytale life includes magazine covers, popular campaigns, TV appearances, movies and a great marriage to her really sexy husband, Tom Brady, quarterback for the New England Patriots.
Without a doubt these women are representing their Brazilian heritage. After years of hard work, discipline and opportunities, they have conquered runways, covers and more. They have modeled dresses, shoes, underwear, swimsuits, etc for famous and respected fashion brands. Like them, you can also dress very fashionably by following our Stylepolitan Style Tips! Talking about tips and fashion, Stylepolitan invites you to check out the AC Collection of Brazilian Swimwear made from the best design and fabrics. For more information about AC Collection visit them on Facebook https://goo.gl/ZpGLV0 or YouTube https://youtu.be/Fzf2LXQQZx8
Don’t forget to follow us on all our social media sites for exclusive content!