Another year has past with the closing of 2016 and to be honest the Stylepolitan team is shocked since there were several personalities and icons that shockingly passed away this year. The team put together a list of these individuals who in some way left a mark in the fashion world and in the fashion industry changing it forever with their talent and unique vision.
We want to always remember them and also give them this little article as homage for their trajectory, hard work, and originality. Their legacy will prevail for the rest of time:
- Debbie Reynolds (1932-2016): Hollywood actress who participated in the classic movie, Singing in The Rain. She died only a day after her daughter Carrie Fisher passed away.
- Carrie Fisher (1956-2016): She will always be remembered as Princess Leia, a character she brought to life in the famous Star Wars saga.
- George Michael (1963-2016): The British pop singer. His most important hits were Freedom 90 (in this video clip appeared the most important Top Models from the 90). He changed pop music, as it was now because of his ability to bring his personal style through the music without fear.
- Franca Sozzani (1950-2016): She was an Italian journalist and editor at the Vogue magazine from the same country, she was very well known worldwide especially in the fashion industry.
- Zsa Zsa Gabor (1917-2016): She was a Hollywood legend and a popular socialite. That was well known for her European glamour and her multiple marriages.
- Bill Cunningham (1929-2016): An awesome and legendary photographer in the fashion world. He used to work for the New York Times, and he would walk the streets of Manhattan daily with his camera in hand to hunt for the best shots and looks.
- Ana Morgan Guilbert (1928-2016): You will surely remember the comedy show The Nanny, where she brought to life grandma Yetta. Another popular character she played was Millie Helpe in The Dick Van Dyke Show.
- Madeleine Lebeau (1923-2016): Hollywood actress and diva, she was born in France and she brought to life the character Ivonne from Casablanca.
- Prince (1958-2016): The music legend. His biggest hits were Purple Rain, Let’s Go Crazy and Raspberry Beret. People were drawn to his originality and would get inspired by him and followed him tremendously.
10.David Bowie (1947-2016): Legendary British rocker. In the words of Paul McCartney, His light will shine in the sky forever.
Without a doubt every one of these stars will shine forever in our hearts. We will always remember them; admire them for the legacy they left behind. Always live.